I WANT TO SEE DR. KAHN FOR AN ADVANCED HEART AND LONGEVITY CONSULTATION. WHAT ARE THE FEES?
The Kahn Center for Cardiac Longevity offers an advanced level of care and access that is beyond what insurers dictate and the fees for seeing Dr. Kahn reflect that. Therefore, THE KAHN CENTER DOES NOT ACCEPT INSURANCE PAYMENTS FOR OFFICE VISITS. All visits are paid at the time of service or before. At the end of the visit a "superbill" with diagnoses is sent to you and you can decide if you want to submit it to your insurer. This is not advised for Medicare recipients.
The initial one hour consultation is $500 and follow up visits are $250 for half an hour.
Any records that are sent ahead are reviewed at no extra charge and all patients seeing Dr. Kahn at least yearly have access to Dr. Kahn by email and texting. He is famous for answering his messages quickly and no one answers for him.
If you want the most comprehensive of evaluations then you want The Ultimate Heart Check Up. Dr. Kahn is offering The Ultimate Heart Check Up consisting of 2 visits (the first visit is 1 hour, the second is 45 minutes and the second one can be virtual) along with a Carotid Intimal Medial Thickness (CIMT) exam. The package is $999 and is a unique program offered only Dr. Kahn.
There are some patients who require many visits for their medical care or request longer and more frequent visits and time for an even higher level of treatment. Dr. Kahn has two annual plans that cover these situations, referred to as Option 1 and Option 2. You can ask about these at the time of your initial visit.
What are the tests and their costs at the Kahn Center beyond the time spent with Dr. Kahn in consultation?
The Kahn Center is proud to offer the most advanced testing of vascular age, nutrition, and stress balance in the state. They can be incorporated into a pricing package for initial visits like the Ultimate Heart Check Up. The testing and pricing includes:
- CIMT (Carotid Intimal Medial Thickness) ultrasound $250. This examination uses safe ultrasound on the neck with advanced computer analysis to identify 1) plaque as a sign of sick arteries or 2) earlier thickening of the walls of the arteries to the brain. This examination has been used in hundreds of research studies published in the finest journals and allows repeated examinations to determine if “vascular aging” is progressing or responding. It can be done 1-3 times a year to follow the progress of treatment programs.
- EndoPAT (Endothelial function artery health) $225. If you laid out the lining of arteries that cover your 50,000 miles of arteries they individual cells called endothelium would cover 5-6 tennis courts. The health of those cells, and their ability to make nitric oxide, is key to heart attack and stroke prevention and blood pressure control. The EndoPAT is an approved device backed by hundreds of research studies that is done at the Kahn Center to determine baseline artery health and repeated measurements over time and changes in lifestyle and therapy. You should be fasting, coffee free, and without nail acrylics on your fingers.
- WatchPAT Home Sleep Apnea study ($300) The state of the art home testing read by a board certified sleep physician.
- 48 Hour Heart Monitor ($200) state of the art miniturized equipment
- 14 Day Heart Monitor ($300)
- GAINSwave low-intensity shock wave therapy of erectile dysfunction. Ask about the pricing.
- Advanced labs from Quest and Cleveland Heart Labs are drawn and submitted with your medical insurance information. There is no fee to have your labs drawn at the Kahn Center except for the COVID-19 antibody test.
Do I still have to have health insurance?
You must carry insurance to cover other medical services. The Kahn Center fees are for the personalized services and enhanced access offered in the program in his office. For other medical visits and hospital services you will need your insurance.
Does my insurance cover any part of the membership fee?
Clinic fees are paid out of pocket by patients who want to be part of a smaller, more personalized medical service offering advanced care. For patients not covered by Medicare, a superbill is provided at the end of the visit and may be submitted to your insurer but no guarantees can be made about payment.
If I have Medicare insurance can I still see Dr. Kahn?
Yes but no part of the Center fees from your time with Dr. Kahn, other than lab draws if needed, can be submitted to Medicare for reimbursement.
Do I have to pay a co-pay for the medical services received?
You do not pay a co-pay or deductible for office visits.
Are there additional fees associated with the program?
In addition to time with Dr. Kahn and the specialty testing like the CIMT, some patients need supplements to achieve their health goals. This may be purchased at the Kahn Center or elsewhere.
What happens if I have an emergency requiring hospitalization?
As always, you must go to the nearest hospital if you are ill. Dr. Kahn can serve as a consultant to your care in the hospital setting whether in Detroit or out of town in person, by phone or by teleconferencing.
Why don’t more physicians do this?
More physicians will begin offering this kind of service as patient and physician dissatisfaction grows. Dr. Kahn is grateful his patients who inspire him as they work on becoming younger at heart by design.